Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The new skirt reward

When I finished the corduroy jumper last week, I promised to make something current that I like and want to wear as a reward to myself before going on to the next unfinished project. Here I am wearing my reward, a fine-wale corduroy paisley skirt to go with the vintage aqua sweater Wayne's fashionista daughter, Marja, gave me for Christmas.

Pretty cool fabric, huh? Here's what it looks like up close.


 
The light blue matches the sweater perfectly and I think the whole outfit has a 50s vibe to it. I like it quite a bit - very fun and comfortable too. I made it using an Amy Butler pattern called "barcelona skirts" that I've used several times before. In fact, my daughter-in-law Allie turned me on to it after she used it to make some skirts. It's lined, and is quite fast and easy, which is always nice - instant gratification!

Now I'm on to the next unfinished project. Here it is, a long wrapped skirt that only needs hemming. Kind of a pretty, tropical looking fabric, isn't it? I think I'll leave it ankle-length. Should be able to finish that tomorrow or the next day. I'll let you know.


No comments: