Friday, March 21, 2014

Making progress

I'm better now - healing. After an incredibly short 2 1/2 weeks, I'm back on my feet. Thanks to an innovative Kaiser Permanente surgeon who believes you heal better if you start moving sooner rather than later, I'm in a walking cast . . . and walking.

Sweet joy, I have some of my life back.

Here's my leg in its new cast, actually standing on the floor. I can walk up stairs now, although I still slide down stairs on my butt because I'm afraid I'll fall. I can carry a glass of water. I can carry dishes from the dishwasher into the dining room. I can stand at the stove to cook. I can shower if I cover my cast with plastic.

It's definitely the little things you miss when you can't do them.

I still use crutches when I have to go a long way, but I'm not hopping anymore, I'm walking. I do get tired, but it's so much better.

Yay!!


No comments: