Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Le Creuset is on my good list!

I have maybe eleven or twelve Le Creuset pots and skillets - it's all really good cookware that I've had forever. I love these pots - they are very colorful and they cook great, enameled cast iron. Cast iron pots are fabulous heat conductors and very fun to use. One pot, though, the sweet little green Dutch oven, has had some problems. Its inside bottom was wearing out - cast iron showing through chipped enamel.

Well, I've had the little green pot for about 20 years, and I used it almost every day. It was a workhorse. And I must admit I burned it once or twice, although it always came clean. But then the bottom started to wear through.

Le Creuset has a lifetime guarantee of their cookware. After a long time, I looked them up on the internet. Then I called them, just a few weeks ago. They gave me a claim number and told me to send the little pot in. If it looked like a problem with the product, they would replace it. And, if they sent me a new one, what color would I like? The color I had was no longer made - it was from another era. I decided on Caribbean Blue. If it looked like the problem was my use of the pot, then they'd offer me a new one at a discounted price.

OK, I sent my little pot in, even though I hated to. I didn't know how I would get along without it, since I used it almost every day. Here it is in its box, ready to go on a journey.

Of course I expected them to offer me a discount, since in fact I had burned it once or twice. What a surprise when two weeks later, without even a phone call or an email, a box arrived with a new pot inside, Caribbean Blue. It's perfect, no chips, brand new.

These pots cost a lot of money. I priced this one online at around $100. I didn't pay that for any of my Le Creusets - I bought them on sale or at outlet stores, and it was a long time ago. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with Le Creuset and their lifetime guarantee. I'd buy their products again and I'd recommend them to anyone!

Thank you, Le Creuset. Way to be!

2 comments:

Babs said...

Friends of mine in Galveston had all their pots damaged in Hurricane Ike. They contacted Le Creuset, shipped the twisted things to them and were rewarded with a WHOLE NEW set! They were astonished. Now that's what I call customer service.

Dana Hill said...

No kidding! So many companies don't care these days; it's really heart-warming to find one that stands behind their products. Hope you are doing well, Barbara. Thanks for commenting.