Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Imagine ME as your Christmas present!

Well, ha-ha, not exactly. But my friend Lee has given my skills as a bartender to her son-in-law as a Christmas gift. Here's how it happened.

Brian asked for a good bar book for Christmas, so he could learn to make his favorite vodka cocktails. Lee thought it would be a better idea to have a bona-fide bartender (me) teach him how to make the drinks, and then she'd make dinner and we'd all have a party. What a great idea!

It's going to happen later this month. Here's the "lesson plan":


Classic Vodka Cocktails 


                                                                                      
          Vodka Martini 
          Cosmopolitan
          Lemon Drop 
          Vodka Gimlet 
          Madras 
          Cape Cod 
          Greyhound and Salty Dog 
          Bloody Mary 
          Kamakazi 
          Vodka Sour 
          Vodka Collins
 

How fun is that?! As I envision it, we'll all gather round while Brian and I make drinks. Of course, there are so many drinks we'd have to check in at ER if we drank them all. Instead we'll use drink straws to take "bartender sips" of each drink, and then decide what we want to drink more of. At the end, I'll give him a hand-made book of recipes for these drinks, and we'll eat Lee's delicious dinner (she's a great cook, as well as an inspired mother-in-law).

I'll let you know how it goes, and even pass along some of the drink recipes that aren't already here on my blog under The Best Cocktails over on the right-hand side.

Cheers!

1 comment: