Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I resolve . . .

Got resolutions? I do! You're probably dying to know my New Year's resolutions for 2013. Well, here they are:

1. Do something physical every day, even if it's just walking (briskly!) for 20 or 30 minutes. Today I went to the gym and worked out. Of course most of the gazillion people at the gym today won't be there next month, or the month after. I will, some days. And I love yoga, so I'll be there too, mellowing out my mind and stretching my body. I'm lucky, my work bartending is physical...standing on my feet for hours, lifting cases of booze, pushing carts full of beer, and all that, so on a day when I'm working I can give myself a little break. Or not.

2. Erase wrinkles from my face instantly by smiling more. It's true! Just look in the mirror and try it. Not to mention, smiling changes your brain chemistry...did you know that? I am definitely going to be smiling more in 2013.

3. Drink more water. OK, wine does not substitute for water, and that's the mistake I've been making. :-) The truth is I don't get enough water, so it makes sense that if I drink more water during the day, I can continue to have my red wine at night. Yeah!

I like to keep things simple, and I'm capping off my resolutions at three. Maybe that'll make them easy to keep.

Happy New Year!!

No comments: