Thursday, November 1, 2012

Babies and Owls

Ooh, my niece Kristin just had a baby boy, Lincoln James. He is so cute, I can hardly stand it. Needless to say, I had to create something special for the newest member of the family.

The theme of Lincoln's nursery is owls, so off I went to my favorite fabric store, Piedmont Fabric, to find owls in soft fabrics. Soon, a baby comforter with soft cotton owls on one side and soft green fleece on the other, and, yes, a companion stuffed Baby Owl, came together in my sewing room. Off they went in a box to the sweet new family in South Dakota. I just got a photo today in email and here it is: Lincoln with Blanket and Owl.

How adorable is that?! The "baby" owl is twice Lincoln's size. I hope it doesn't scare him!

Of course he's only two weeks old, and before you know it he'll have a job and be wearing a suit. Well, maybe not that fast. Welcome to the world, Lincoln James!

No comments: