Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Off to Florida




 
I'm leavin' on a jet plane tomorrow for Tampa/Clearwater, Florida, for a few days to visit my friend Donna. We're planning four solid days of good music on the beach at the Clearwater Jazz Holiday, something we've done nearly every year for quite a few - nearly 20 years I think.

This year we'll see Chicago (remember them?), Jane Monheit, Larry Carlton, Average White Band, Tower of Power (Oakland's own!), Brandi Carlile - it's going to be fabulous!

We always have a wonderful relaxing time and lots of fun. It's warm and tropical in Florida this time of year - not too hot like it is in the middle of summer. It's our habit to eat grouper sandwiches or a grouper salad at least once, and the drink of choice is a Cuba Libre (Mt. Gay rum and diet coke with a squeeze of lime - yum).

I'm excited to see Donna again! Isn't it good to have a girls' weekend once in awhile? I think so - gives you a break from regular life and makes you appreciate what you have even more when you get back. Yeah. Buon viaggio to me!!

No comments: