Thursday, October 11, 2012

One more pillowcase!

Dear reader, please indulge me. I have one more pillowcase to show you.

This one is a little different from the others, in that I started out with a regular boring pink pillowcase that came with the pink sheets. It is a nice soft cotton pillowcase, and it is a pretty color of pink, but I really wanted to fluff it up a little, so I added a wide eyelet edge and now I'm in love with it.

It gives me so much more pleasure, and it was very easy to make:
  • Just measure around the edge of your pillowcase and cut a piece of the eyelet edging the same length plus one inch for a seam. Sew the seam, which will be a 1/2 inch seam, and press it to one side.
  • Then press under a 1/4 inch fold on the straight edge of the eyelet. Pin the straight edge of the eyelet to the hem seam of the pillowcase with the fold to the inside, matching the fold of the eyelet with the seam of the pillowcase. Machine sew very close to the fold.
  • Pin and machine sew a second line of stitch where the original pillowcase ends, catching the edge of the pillowcase in the stitching.

Here's the finished product. Isn't it pretty?


No comments: