Monday, September 10, 2012

"The Sale": Revised

I've posted a revision of a piece I wrote a few years back called "The Sale". You can read it here.

The story is about my sister-in-law's garage sale in South Dakota, but really it's about going home. South Dakota isn't exactly home (Minnesota was my original home), but it's right next door. I left there a long, long time ago for adventure in California, and of course still have family and friends there, like my brother Jim and sister-in-law Marlys and their family. I'm pretty crazy about them. Some of my high school girlfriends and I still keep in touch - that's part of "home" too. We get together somewhere every other year and spend a long weekend laughing, talking, eating, and drinking wine. What a hoot!

Anyway, going home, wherever it is, is interesting. Maybe you know that.

BTW, "The Sale" is also published in an e-anthology (that's a collection of stories published as an e-book, just in case you need to know!) that my writing group, Townsend 11, published last year. It's a wonderful book called "No Definite Plans" - here it is on Amazon - check it out!

No comments: